Updated information: Friday
The 25th annual Cardinals Care Winter Warm-Up begins tonight with a virtual reunion of the 2011 World Champion Team. The Cardinals Care Annual Winter Warm-Up is traditionally the biggest fundraiser of the year for the St. Louis Cardinals charitable organization. This year’s event is going virtual due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Visit cardinals.com/wwu for the latest details.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- Virtual Experiences: During Winter Warm-Up weekend, fans will have the opportunity to join players, coaches and alumni in fun virtual Cardinals Experiences about life on and off the baseball diamond including a Q & A with Gold Glovers Tyler O’Neill, Paul Goldschmidt, Ozzie Smith and Jim Edmonds, a visit with Cardinals infielder and amateur chef Paul DeJong, a tour of the “Best Dressed Birds” wardrobes, including Dexter Fowler, Jack Flaherty and Harrison Bader, plus many more. Sign-ups for each Virtual Experience close at 9 AM CT the day prior to the event, so fans should act fast!
- Silent Auction Items: A variety of exclusive items and unique experiences will be up for bid each day of the Cardinals Care Winter Warm-Up. Fans can bid on Virtual Meet & Greets with Jack Flaherty and Tommy Edman, a basket of Paul Goldschmidt’s Favorite Things, and more. The Silent Auction will be open 9 AM to 5 PM on January 16 and 17, and 9 AM to 3 PM on January 18. Fans can check back daily for a new line-up of auction items available.
- 50/50 Raffle: Tickets for the online 50/50 Raffle are available for purchase now until 3 PM on Monday, January 18th. Fans can purchase a special ticket package for $75, that includes 250 raffle tickets and an authenticated autographed 8X10 Action Photo signed by a current or former Cardinals player, manager or coach (while supplies last).
- Autographed Items: Fans can also purchase autographed baseballs from some of their favorite current and former Cardinals including Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Gorman, Matthew Liberatore, Tyler O’Neill, Tommy Edman, Matt Carpenter, David Freese, Lance Berkman, Tony La Russa, Chris Carpenter and more!
- Virtual Main Stage: Hear about the upcoming season and team insights from Cardinals executives, including Bill DeWitt III, Team President, John Mozeliak, President of Baseball Operations, Michael Girsch, VP & General Manager, Randy Flores, Assistant GM & Director of Scouting, and Gary LaRocque, Director of Player Development.
- Virtual Kids Room: Families can visit the Virtual Winter Warm-Up Kids room for a variety of free activities including virtual tours, activity sheets, and fun videos featuring everyone’s favorite mascot, Fredbird!
- FOX Sports Midwest Winter Warm-Up TV Specials: FOX Sports Midwest will air one-hour specials every day of the Cardinals Winter Warm-Up at 1 p.m. CT. Each show will be packed with interviews with current, former and future Cardinals, including Paul Goldschmidt, Dylan Carlson, Tommy Edman, Matthew Liberatore, Nolan Gorman, Lance Berkman, Allen Craig, David Freese and Jason Motte. The specials are available in the Cardinals Television Footprint and will be streamed on cardinals.com and FOX Sports GO.
Cardinals Care, the charitable foundation of the St. Louis Cardinals, has announced that the 25th annual Winter Warm-Up will go virtual due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The largest fundraising effort organized by Cardinals Care, the 2021 Winter Warm-Up will take place virtually January 16 – 18, 2021. All proceeds raised from the event will support kids in the community. The annual Cardinals Caravan, which typically takes place in conjunction with the Winter Warm-Up, has been canceled for 2021.
“We are disappointed that we had to cancel the in-person events of the annual Winter Warm-Up and Cardinals Caravan, but we are excited that we are still able to deliver some fun and interactive online experiences, while keeping the health and safety of our fans, volunteers, players, and employees our top priority,” said Michael Hall, Executive Director of Cardinals Care and Vice President of Community Relations. “The COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t canceled our mission of supporting children in our community, so we’re shifting the event to an online format where fans can safely get autographed items from their favorite players and alumni, win raffles, bid on exclusive auction items, hear from front office leadership and interact with their favorite Cardinals.”
Cardinals Care, announced a lineup of virtual Cardinals Experiences that will take place during the 25th annual Winter Warm-Up weekend. Fans will have the opportunity to join players, coaches and alumni in virtual Cardinals Experiences about life on and off the baseball diamond. Virtual Experiences will go on sale at cardinals.com/wwu on January 6, 2021 at 9:00 AM CT.
Scheduled Virtual Cardinals Experiences include:
Friday, January 15
2011 World Series Reunion – Join us as we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 2011 World Series win with members of the championship team. Participants include Allen Craig, Lance Berkman, David Freese, Kyle McClellan, Jason Motte and more. Moderated by Dan McLaughlin.
Saturday, January 16
Growing up Prospects – Get to know former childhood teammates Nolan Gorman and Matthew Liberatore as they discuss what it’s like to be top MLB prospects and teammates again in the Cardinals farm system. Moderated by Dan McLaughlin.
Talking Baseball – Los locutores en español Bengie Molina y Polo Ascencio hablan de béisbol y celebran la cultura con nuestros compañeros latinos. Los participantes incluyen a Génesis Cabrera, Junior Fernández, Giovanny Gallegos, Carlos Martínez , Alex Reyes y asistente de entrenador de bateo, Jobel Jiminez. El programa se llevará a cabo en español.
Spanish language broadcasters Bengie Molina and Polo Ascencio talk baseball and celebrate culture with our Latinx teammates. Participants include Génesis Cabrera, Junior Fernández, Giovanny Gallegos, Carlos Martínez, Alex Reyes and Assistant Hitting Coach Jobel Jiminez. Program will be conducted in Spanish.
Infielder Insight – Go around-the-horn with the Cardinals infield. Coaches Pop Warner and Stubby Clapp chat with infielders Matt Carpenter, Paul DeJong, Tommy Edman and Paul Goldschmidt about what it takes to defend the diamond. Moderated by Mike Claiborne.
Best Dressed Birds – When they’re not wearing the Birds on the Bat, Harrison Bader, Jack Flaherty and Dexter Fowler stand out as some of our best-dressed Birds. Take a peek inside their wardrobe. Moderated by St. Louis native Jessica Radloff, Glamour Magazine’s West Coast Entertainment Correspondent.
Sunday, January 17
Bullpen Banter – Find out what’s really happening out in the bullpen when relievers Génesis Cabrera, Junior Fernández Giovanny Gallegos, Ryan Helsley, Andrew Miller, Tyler Webb and Kodi Whitley chat with bullpen coach Bryan Eversgerd. Moderated by Ricky Horton.
Cardinals in the Outfield – Cardinals outfielders Harrison Bader, Dylan Carlson, Dexter Fowler, Tyler O’Neill, Lane Thomas and Justin Williams talk shop with Assistant Coach Willie McGee and Hitting Coach Jeff Albert. Moderated by John Rooney.
Game Planning – Talk with Manager Mike Shildt and Bench Coach Oliver Marmol about what it takes to manage a game. Moderated by St. Louis native Fran Charles of MLB Network.
In the Kitchen with Paul DeJong – Cardinals infielder and amateur chef Paul DeJong steps up to the plate in his kitchen to talk baseball feats and good eats as he shows us how to make a favorite meal. Moderated by Brad Thompson.
Cardinals Connection – Ever wonder what it’s like to be married to a baseball player? Catch up with some of your favorite Cardinals couples as we find out what it’s like at home base. Participants include the Matt & Mackenzie Carpenter, Tommy & Kristen Edman, Paul & Amy Goldschmidt, Austin & Rachel Gomber, and Tyler O’Neill & Stephanie Beck.
Monday, January 17
Inside the Broadcast Booth – Learn what it takes to prep for the Cardinals radio and TV broadcasts with Polo Ascencio, Rick Ankiel, Al Hrabosky, Ricky Horton, John Rooney, Dan McLaughlin and Mike Claiborne. Moderated by Kevin Wheeler.
Good as Gold – 2020 Rawlings Gold Glove Award winner Tyler O’Neill and three-time recipient Paul Goldschmidt talk defense with the Wizard, 13-time honoree Ozzie Smith. Moderated by Jim Edmonds, owner of eight Gold Glove Awards.
For Starters – Pitching coach Mike Maddux sits down with starting pitchers Jack Flaherty, John Gant, Austin Gomber Dakota Hudson, Miles Mikolas, Daniel Ponce de Leon and Jake Woodford to discuss the role and responsibilities. Moderated by Greg Amsinger of MLB Network.
On the Ranch with Matt Carpenter – Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter takes us on a tour of his ranch and workout facility deep in the heart of Texas. Moderated by Dan McLaughlin.
Virtual Experience prices range from $15-$25 per experience. All proceeds raised from these events will support kids in the community. Fans can visit cardinals.com/wwu, follow @CardinalsCare on Twitter, or text CARDS to 82810 to receive the latest Winter Warm-Up news and event information.
About Cardinals Care
Cardinals Care was established to give fans a way of teaming up with Cardinals players and the organization to help children in our community—both on and off the baseball field. Established in 1997, Cardinals Care has invested over $26 million to support St. Louis area children and built or renovated 24 youth ball fields in local under-resourced neighborhoods. Most recently, the Cardinals dedicated Matt Carpenter Field at the Pagedale Family Resource Center in Pagedale, Missouri in August 2019. The 2020 season marks the 17th year of Cardinals Care’s innovative Redbird Rookies program, a free baseball and softball league for kids who otherwise might not have the opportunity to play. In addition to providing all the uniforms, gloves, bats, balls and other equipment needed for each team, Redbird Rookies also provides extensive off-field support in the areas of health, education, mentoring, cultural arts, and scholarships for each of the nearly 4,500 kids who participate in the program each year. To learn more about all of Cardinals Care’s programs visit cardinals.com/community and follow @CardinalsCare on Twitter.