Thank you to AAA for Sponsoring our Spring Training Coverage
“Contact a AAA Travel Advisor to help you plan your trip” CLICK HERE
When traveling to Jupiter, stay at the STLSportsPage.com Spring Training Headquarters: Homewood Suites Palm Beach Gardens
What to do in Jupiter
STLSportsPage.com is in Jupiter and we are filing daily “Jupiter Minute” reports after the spring training games. We get many requests for “what is there to do in Jupiter?” Of course you came for the Cardinals games but there is a lot to do in the area. Some of our favorites are:
- Go to the beach! Juno Beach is where we usually go. It’s a straight shot up Donald Ross Rd. from the Hoewood Suites Palm Beach Gardens and then a left on US Highway 1: 4775 U.S. Highway 1. Juno Beach, Florida 33408.
- We recently went on a Pontiki inlet cruise. It was pricey ($60) but a two-hour boat ride around Jupiter Inlet with drinks included in the price. Sunset cruise was worth the price. https://www.pontiki.com/pontiki-home
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center (Juno Beach)- fun place to take the kids, all ages. You get to see the turtles that are being rescued. 14200 U.S. Hwy 1, Juno Beach, FL 33408
- Mini Golf at Light House Cove: Address:1145 Main St, Jupiter, FL 33458. Phone:(561) 268-2717
- The Jupiter Lighthouse is a beautiful sight whether you visit in the day or night. The photo, left was taken at night from our Pontiki cruise
- There are many restaurants and evening venues and these are just a few that are popular: Guanabanas, U-Tiki, The Woods (owned by Tiger Woods), Square Grouper
- Great breakfast or brunch– Juno Beach Cafe. 13967 US Highway 1, Juno Beach, FL 33408-1631 It’s open until 2 in the afternoon so if you stay at Homewood Suites you could eat their great breakfast in the morning and then go here for “lunch” they have a full menu with lunch items also.
- Our favorite sports bars hae always been the
- For more places to go: https://www.visitflorida.com/places-to-go/southeast/jupiter/
What? You don’t subscribe to our free newsletter? CLICK HERE
The Homewood Suites is our Spring Training Headquarters. Call Elise Robinson at (561) 207-2662 at the hotel and tell her you want Rob Rains’ Spring Training Discount.
On our way to– and from– Spring Training…ROAD TRIP– We stay at Drury Hotels
As always we suggest fans stay at a Drury Hotel along the way and there is a special STLSportsPage.com discount with the promo code being SPORTS.
Drury Hotels have free breakfast and dinner every day of the week, plus they have swimming pools, hot tubs and work-out rooms. For those wanting to add Orlando to their trip there is a Drury Hotel there.
Some of the stops we have made on our way to Florida with Drury Hotels near are: Nashville, Tennessee; Atlanta, Georgia; Valdosta, Georgia; Gainesville, Florida; and Orlando.There is a new Drury Hotel in Fort Myers, Florida for those wanting to travel to an away game in Fort Myers. Drury Hotels are based in Missouri and are a family-owned business. Use Promocode: SPORTS at any Drury Hotel, ANY time you stay at a Drury Hotel.
Drury Hotels are based in Missouri and are a family-owned business. Use Promocode: SPORTS at any Drury Hotel, any time.
Rob Rains’ Baseball Bash 2023
Photo below shows Rob Rains, Zach Thompson, Brendan Donovan and Mike Trim from WPTV, West Palm Beach.
SPRING TRAINING ARCHIVES
A look at some of our fun parties… For many years we have been having special Spring Training Bash Parties which benefitted charity– Rainbows for Kids and Leukemia Society of Palm Beach
Photo from the 2022 Baseball Bash:
Ricky Horton was our guest of honor in 2022 at the Annual Rob Rains’ STLSportsPage.com Spring Training Charity Party
It was great to have people back in a safe, outdoor setting at the Homewood Suites. Be sure to find out when our 2023 party will be before you make your plans for Spring Training so you can join the fun!
Photo from the 2020 Baseball Bash:
This may have been the last “party” or large crowd gathering you attended if you were there. It was held on March 12, 2020 and just as it started we received word that MLB had cancelled the remainder part of Spring Training– due to the start of the COVID-19 closings.
The day the 2020 Baseball Bash was the day of the last Spring Training game. We had a player scheduled and due to “circumstances beyond their control” he could not attend. There was a great, enthusiastic crowd and the fans had a fun time despite what was happening.
Photos from the 2019 Bash:
Mike Trim WPTV West Palm Beach, Cardinals pitcher Daniel Ponce de Leon, Rob Rains
For the past several years The Homewood Suites has teamed up with STLSportspage.com to put on a charity event which benefits Rainbows for Kids in St. Louis and Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Palm Beach. The event is free of charge and open to all fans of STLSportsPage.com and any guests staying at the Homewood Suites. Carson Kelly was the guest last year, shown in photo with Mike Trim of WPTV News in West Palm Beach and Rob Rains.
The Spring Training Charity Bash features free food and drink as well as a silent auction, but the highlight of the event has always been a player from the St. Louis Cardinals who attends and entertains on a sports panel with Trim and Rains.
Trim, a Cardinals fan, originally from Hermann, MO is a television anchor and always donates his time to do the panel with Rob Rains of STLSportsPage.com. The photo, above, right is the 2017 event featuring Aledmys Diaz.
After the panel discussion there was a barbecue and the Cardinals fans got to eat hamburgers and hot dogs.
The best part of the party is raising money for two great charities. Proceeds from the Baseball Bash are divided between the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Palm Beach and Rainbows for Kids in St. Louis. Tyler Hammond, shown in photo below was a member of Rainbows for Kids when he was a child. He had multiple organ transplants, but was able to participate on the Rainbows for Kids Baseball Team and all the activities designed for families with children in treatment. He has now graduated from college and is a volunteer with the organization. He is shown in the picture with Daniel Ponce de Leon.
Plan a trip to Spring Training and join us at the party!
Rob Rains interviews Daniel Ponce de Leon at the 2019 Baseball Bash.
2018- Kolten Wong
Carson Kelly was the special guest in 2018. Television anchor Mike Trim of WPTV always chips in and is seen in the photo above with Kelly and Rob Rains.
Aledmys Diaz signs autographs at the 2017 Baseball Bash.
OTHER GUESTS INCLUDED MATT CARPENTER, TREVOR ROSENTHAL MITCH HARRIS